Kalyan West, a suburb in Thane district, is the 9th biggest city in Maharashtra and a part of Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR). It is governed by Kalyan-Dombivli Municipal Corporation (KDMC).
Kalyan West is one of the oldest towns in Maharashtra and is located close to Mumbai. It is surrounded by Bhiwandi, Ulhasnagar, Ambarnath, Vithalwadi, Badlapur etc.
It is on the cusp of development since Thane has been shortlisted as one of the 100 Smart Cities under Smart City Mission launched in 2016. Kalyan boasts of good social infrastructure and an excellent network of roadways and railways that ensures good connectivity with all the major landmarks surrounding the city. Property in Kalyan west or say, particularly in Thane district have always been seen as a better alternative to any property in Mumbai because of price.
- Two National Highways, NH-3 and NH-8 has been offering seamless connectivity to Mumbai via Ghodbunder Road.
- Kalyan-Murbad Road, Agra Road and Kalyan-Badlapur Road are some of the major roads passing through Kalyan west.
- Mulund Bus Stand and Thane Bus Stand lie in close proximity and this region enjoys extensive bus service by Kalyan-Dombivali Municipal Transport (KDMT).
- Kalyan railway junction is the 4th busiest railway junction in India. Also, railway station at Khadavli, Vasind and Thane are in close vicinity.
- The local trains from Mumbai-Karjat and Mumbai-Kasara pass through Kalyan West.
- Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport is 1.5 hrs away from the area.
Sacred Heart School, St. Xaviers International School, Brighton World School, Cambridge International School, Meridian school, Podar International School and many more are in close proximity.
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Hospital, Aayush Multispecialty Hospital, Abhiman Maternity and Surgical Hospital, Fortis Hospital, Shelar Hospital, Alcuris and many more.
Metro Junction Mall, Eternity Mall Thane, Lake City Mall, Lodha Xperia Mall, City Mall cater to the basic needs of daily life.
The Intelenet IT Park, Wagle Estate and Sigma IT Park are 25kms away from Kalyan West.
The BSEL Technology Park, Vishwaroop IT Park and International Infotech Park Navi Mumbai are located just half an hour away from the area.
Kalyan West has been seeing high rental demands, of late. Thane corridor has witnessed strong capital appreciation in last five quarters, rising significantly in each quarter. The emergence of employment hubs nearby has led to increase in employment opportunities, thereby leading to increase in housing demands.
Some of the reputed developers like Ajmera Group, Nirmal Group, Godrej Group etc have come up with a number of new projects in Kalyan. Excellent connectivity, rapid development and prospects of strong capital appreciation has managed to garner attention of investors to Kalyan west and hence has made it an investment hotspot in Thane disctrict.